Part time position for 13 hours 20 minutes - Monday - Friday (12.35 -3.15)
Position is a temporary contract and subject to funding and / or child leaving the school
Bristol Grade 5 £17,364 - £17,761
- Are you a qualified Teaching Assistant with an understanding of SEN looking for an opportunity to develop your career?
- Do you have a level 3 TA qualification or equivalent?
- Are you prepared to go the extra mile in order to achieve the best outcomes for our children?
- Do you have experience to support a child with complex social, mental and emotional health needs?
- Can you provide a patient and nurturing approach to help develop a child’s limited academic ability?
We are a large, exciting, multicultural and multi faith Church of England Primary Academy located in the heart of Bristol. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled TA to join our enthusiastic and dynamic team and to help us on our journey of improvement.
The successful candidate will:
- Be creative and enjoy making their provision fun in order to inspire, motivate, engage and enthuse our pupils to love learning and aspire for great things;
- Be able to deliver effective provision to meet the needs of individuals and groups of children.
- Demonstrate a commitment towards raising standards within a diverse school community;
- Be a team player with good communication skills and willing to work flexibly alongside a range of children and adults.
- Have a range of effective positive behaviour management skills;
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of assessment and a clear understanding of SEND procedures and processes.
- Have a clear understanding of the National Curriculum;
- Be willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community.
- Positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children;
- Be sympathetic to the values and aims of a Church of England Primary Academy.
At Fishponds CE Academy, we can offer you:
- An exciting, diverse, multi-cultural and multi faith community;
- Fantastic, enthusiastic, well behaved and engaging children who are keen to learn;
- Brilliantly supportive staff and parents
- A commitment to your professional development;
- The opportunity to use your expertise to make positive change in a rapidly developing school.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged: please contact the school office for an appointment or by email: For more information about our school, do visit our website.
Fishponds CE Academy is part of the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust. Please see their website for more information and how our schools fits into the Trust.
Applications must be on our Academy application form and returned via Eteach to the school before 12pm on Monday, 2nd November 2020.
CVs will not be considered.
We very much look forward to your application.
Closing date: Noon Monday, 2nd November 2020
Shortlisting: Monday, 2nd November 2020
Interviews: Thursday, 5th November 2020
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicants.
Fishponds CE Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for successful applicants.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff.