A part-time KS2 Teaching Assistant required working 1:1 with a child with complex needs including sensory, social, emotional and communication needs. Due to the current Lockdown situation, start date to be discussed at interview.
Part-time position for 30.5 Hours per week (Due to Covid-19 exact daily hours to be discussed at interview)
Temporary contract and subject to funding and / or child leaving the school
Bristol Grade 5 (£17,842 - £18,249 pro rata)
- Are you a qualified Teaching Assistant with an understanding of SEN looking for an opportunity to develop your career?
- Do you have a level 3 TA qualification or equivalent?
- Are you prepared to go the extra mile in order to achieve the best outcomes for our children?
- Do you have experience to support a child with complex needs including sensory, social, emotional and communication needs?
- Can you provide a patient and nurturing approach to help develop a child’s limited academic ability?
We are a large, exciting, multicultural and multi faith Church of England Primary Academy located in the heart of Bristol. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled TA to join our enthusiastic and dynamic team and to help us on our journey of improvement.
The successful candidate will:
- Be creative and enjoy making their provision fun in order to inspire, motivate, engage and enthuse our pupils to love learning and aspire for great things;
- Be able to deliver effective provision to meet the needs of individuals and groups of children.
- Demonstrate a commitment towards raising standards within a diverse school community;
- Be a team player with good communication skills and willing to work flexibly alongside a range of children and adults.
- Have a range of effective positive behaviour management skills;
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of assessment and a clear understanding of SEND procedures and processes.
- Have a clear understanding of the Early Years Curriculum;
- Be willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community.
- Positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children;
- Be sympathetic to the values and aims of a Church of England Primary Academy.
At Fishponds CE Academy, we can offer you:
- An exciting, diverse, multi-cultural and multi faith community;
- Fantastic, enthusiastic, well behaved and engaging children who are keen to learn;
- Brilliantly supportive staff and parents
- A commitment to your professional development;
- The opportunity to use your expertise to make positive change in a rapidly developing school.
For more information about our school, do visit our website.
Applications must be on the Eteach application form via the portal before 12pm on Friday, 29th January 2021.
CVs will not be considered.
We very much look forward to your application.
Closing date: Noon Friday, 29th January 2021
Shortlisting: Friday, 29th January 2021 pm
Interviews: Wednesday, 3rd February 2021
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicants.
Fishponds CE Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for successful applicants.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff.