Class Teacher KS2
Contracted hours per week 32.5
Contracted weeks per year 52
Contract type Permanent
Start date 01/09/2020
We are looking for an inspirational class teacher who has a passion for teaching. Working at Welland Academy, you will be part of a dedicated and supportive team of staff with one goal - providing our children with the very best education through an exciting curriculum. We would love to show you around our school – please come to visit!
We’re looking for a class teacher who:
has a passion for children’s learning and development.
- can contribute ideas to a strong and forward looking team.
- is reflective and willing to develop their knowledge and skills in using IT to support children’s learning and their own workload.
- can be innovative in their techniques to motivate young learners.
- is able to make positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents alike.
- has experience teaching Upper Key Stage 2
We can offer you:
- An inclusive school with a good reputation for developing well rounded, caring children who feel safe and valued whatever their skills and abilities.
- A caring and motivated team of staff who help and support each other.
- Great up to date IT provision using Microsoft Office 365 & One Drive. (We are on the pathway to become a Microsoft Showcase School by September 2020)
- Dedicated PPA time with year group colleagues plus extra throughout the year.
Our academy is larger than the average Primary academy. It opened in 2013 and boasts a fantastic new building and a vibrant atmosphere. We had a very successful Ofsted inspection in November 2019. The academy is part of the Greenwood Academies Trust (GAT). All GAT academies work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the Education Support Team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning.
Working for GAT, means you can be assured that you will be contributing to our mission to enable every child to achieve their best. All our academies work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the central team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning. As a GAT employee you will receive excellent opportunities for career progression and access to bespoke CPD from the Learning Alliance to enhance your professional growth.
The staff, pupils and facilities at this academy make it a great place to work. Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please contact Rachel Dawkins, Office Administrator.
Closing date is 23 February 2020
Interviews to take place week commencing 2 March 2020
If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
Welland Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.