TON YR YWEN PRIMARY
Number on roll: 440 FTE
KS2 Class Teacher
Post Ref No: ED50052982
Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale
Full Time / Temporary (August 2021 to cover sabbatical)*
*Likely to be extended or made permanent if funds allow
Start Date: January 2021 or sooner if available
Ton Yr Ywen Primary school is a local authority maintained nursery and primary school in North Cardiff, primarily serving the area of Heath. At Ton Yr Ywen our vision is to ensure every child achieves ‘all-round success as confident individuals, capable learners and good citizens.’
We pride ourselves on being a happy and supportive school. We believe that promoting well-being and positive relationships are fundamental to ensuring success in learning and in life. We also believe that children should have a rich variety of opportunities to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding in and out of the classroom.
We are looking for a dedicated and versatile Key stage 2 teacher who can:
• Contribute actively to our school vision and ethos
• Recognize the individual needs of the children in their class and work hard to help them achieve their potential
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner who can inspire children to become life-long learners
• Work well with other staff, parents, governors and community partners
Initially the role will involve working 3 days (Mon to Wed) in your own Year 5 class and then covering PPA in another Year 5 class (Thu) and Year 4 (Fri). From Sep 2021 the role is likely to be in a single class.
In return, Ton Yr Ywen provides:
• happy, enthusiastic children who are willing to learn
• a well-resourced school on a large and attractive site
• a range of opportunities for continuing professional development
• a supportive and dedicated team of staff
• a committed and proactive governing body
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Director/ Assistant Director/ Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date.
Closing date for applications: 2nd November 2020 (Noon)
Virtual Interviews: 6th November 2020
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.