St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School
Wyndham Crescent, Canton, Cardiff CF11 9EF
Post Ref : ED50052656
KS2 Class Teacher
Required for September 2021
Number on roll (240)
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an excellent, enthusiastic and highly motivated class teacher who is committed to the well-being of our pupils, to raising standards and to Catholic education. The position is permanent.
We are looking for teachers who:
• Have a firm commitment to the Catholic ethos of our school;
• Are highly effective classroom practitioners with high expectations;
• Are passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential;
• Will change, motivate and inspire others;
• Have the ability to develop and contribute to the continued development of our school;
• Are willing to become fully involved in the wider life of the school and parish.
We can offer:
• A strong Catholic Ethos with excellent parish links;
• Happy, well-behaved and motivated children who enjoy coming to school;
• A supportive, friendly and welcoming community;
• Opportunities to work with others collaboratively;
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Applications must be made using the Catholic Education Service teacher application form.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date.
Completed forms should be returned by post or email to: The Headteacher, St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Canton, Cardiff, CF11 9EF
Closing date: 17th March 2021 12.00 noon
Lesson observations & Interviews: week beginning 22nd March 2021
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.