Ashcombe Primary School calling! A great job opportunity awaits!
We need a new teacher to cover maternity leave in our amazing KS2 team from September 2021.
Want a great job, in a great school, in a great location?
We work hard here, but only on the things that make a difference: we don’t do meaningless paperwork; we don’t grade lessons or monitor your planning. Instead of marking we give feedback in lessons. We offer staff an enhanced PPA entitlement and a focus on maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are always trying to find smarter ways to do our work.
We only recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children’s lives, people who challenge themselves to keep on improving. This means our working relationships can be relatively relaxed and informal. People love working here; we are warm, welcoming, positive, supportive and forward-looking.
You will be joining a three-form entry school with an inclusive ethos based in the seaside town of Weston-super-Mare. We work together to nurture children who are compassionate, respectful, happy, tolerant, curious and collaborative as well as academically successful.
The school enjoys a good reputation with our families and local community. Our shared experiences across the pandemic have brought a sense of unity and shared purpose to our work.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has a proven record of success as a class teacher and expertise in empowering children to make rapid progress.
- Demonstrates optimism about children and expect the highest possible standards
- Nurtures pupils’ emotional wellbeing
We offer you:
- Sensible and successful systems, based on research, with a commitment to reduce workload whenever possible
- A positive, warm and welcoming working environment
- Experienced, intelligent, lively colleagues
- Family-friendly working practices
- A fantastic location with great transport links
- A strong emphasis on professional learning and teacher development
- A commitment to evidence based practice
- An engaged and enthusiastic leadership team who care greatly for our team
- Support and professional development opportunities alongside staff from our Trust family of schools
We don't yet know the final class that you'll be in but it will most likely be in Year 4.
For a flavour of what life is like in our school we’d recommend you check out the school’s Web site, Facebook page and Twitter feed. Our last OFSTED inspection was 2013, so this is quite out of date now!
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 23rd April 2021
Interviews: Thursday 29th April 2021
Visits to the school are not be possible at the moment, however, John Clark, Headteacher would be happy to chat with you on a video call and this can be arranged via the school office. If restrictions later allow us, we'll be happy to welcome you on site at that point to look around.
Ashcombe Primary School is committed to safeguarding all children. Successful candidates will require a DBS clearance and suitable references before commencing employment. We welcome applications from all section of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Ashcombe is part of the Kaleidoscope Multi Academy Trust which includes Becket, Christ Church, Hutton, St Martins, Crockerne and Worle Village schools. As part of this arrangement you may be required to work at one of these schools or any additional school that may join the MAT in the future as business dictates.
Ashcombe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.