KS2 Class Teacher: Maternity Cover: 1 year temporary contract
Granby is a village school in the heart of the city, providing a varied teaching opportunity for the right candidates, in a friendly, supportive and child-focused context. The children, staff and governors are looking to appoint an excellent KS2 class teacher to join our team from September 2021, for one year, covering maternity leave.
Granby has a fascinating history and is housed in a Victorian building, which opened in 1889. Whilst it is clearly of its time, we offer contemporary facilities and equipment to provide the best in current educational provision. With around 450 children on roll, and a staff of nearly 75 people, we are a thriving school at the centre of our local community.
The successful candidate will:
- nurture and cherish the children, promoting their safety well-being and learning
- be creative, enthusiastic and resourceful with a passion for teaching and learning
- have a strong commitment to inclusion with high expectations for all learners
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to inspire children to learn
We can offer you:
- A 'village school' feeling at the heart of a thriving local community
- A diverse, inner city school with 13% EAL and 31 languages spoken
- A friendly, supportive team of staff and governors
- Parents who love the school and children who love learning
- A commitment to your ongoing professional development
If you have the relevant skills, qualities and expertise, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your completed application form for the attention of Sue Foreman via Eteach or via post c/o Granby Primary School, Granby Road, Leicester, LE2 8LP. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 21st May, 2021.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview on Thursday 27th May 2021. This will take the form of a small group teaching task and a formal interview.
Granby Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require an enhanced DBS check, proof of your qualifications and references before any new post is taken up.