Lakeside Primary School
Living and Learning Together
KS2 Class Teacher - temporary for one year
Temporary Teaching post - ED 50051755
To take up appointment on 1st September 2021
Main pay scale
Age Range: 3-11
The Head Teacher and Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and excellent teacher to join our dedicated team. Lakeside Primary School is a richly multicultural, fully inclusive and vibrant primary school.
We have an exciting opportunity for a class teacher who:
● Is an excellent classroom practitioner who inspires all children to reach their full potential through high quality learning experiences
● has high expectations of themselves and of our children
● can create a motivating learning environment
● is able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the primary curriculum, numeracy and literacy framework and the skills framework
● is prepared to contribute to the wider curriculum of our school, particularly music and/or healthy schools
● is prepared to lead an area of learning and experience as we begin to implement the All New Wales Curriculum
● is experienced in end of key stage moderation procedures
In return we can offer you:
● the opportunity to become part of our highly motivated team
● a positive team ethos with a dedicated and supportive staff
● interested and enthusiastic pupils who want to learn
● opportunities for continued professional development
● the support of a committed Governing Body.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Closing Date: 12 noon Thursday 27th May 2021
Shortlisting: Monday 7th June 2021
Lesson Observations/Interviews: 14th & 15th June 2021
Applications to be returned to Mrs Virginia Pritchard at the school:
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.