KS2 Classroom Teacher
Maternity leave cover from 28th February 2022 to 26th February 2023
Start Date: February 2022
We are looking for a kind, creative and passionate teacher to join us at The Merton Primary School from February 2022. Our focus is on recruiting the right candidate and should a February start date not be possible we would be more than happy to discuss this further at Interview.
This post is on a part time, fixed term basis to cover a period of maternity leave. This role would suit someone looking to teach in one of our fantastic Year 4 classes. Depending on candidate’s availability there may also be an opportunity to support our pupils with COVID recovery work.
This is an opportunity for someone to join a caring and supportive team to develop an exciting and creative curriculum for our pupils.
The ideal candidate for the role will:
• Be enthusiastic and driven to provide the best care and education for our children.
• Be a patient, respectful and adaptable team player
• Be somebody that can make good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
• Have a sense of humour
• Passionate about education and preparing children for life beyond school.
• Able to work using their initiative
• Have good computing skills
To apply for this position please submit your application along with a supporting statement to explain your suitability and reasons why you are applying for the role.
Application Closing Date: 9am, Friday 14th January 2022
Provisional Interview Date: w/c 17th January 2022
If you wish to find out more information about the role before applying, please contact Jane Calow:
We look forward to receiving your application!
• We are committed to the safeguarding of our pupils, appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks being completed, this includes a criminal record (DBS check)
• Candidates must have the right to work in the UK to work for our Trust, you will be asked to provide this evidence if you are shortlisted for interview
• We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of any of the protected characteristics or disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable
The school has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS clearance will be applied for and required for this position