Employer: Nova Primary School
Contract: Full time temporary until August 31st 2023
Live on Site until: Tuesday 7th June 2022 at 9am
Applications close: Tuesday 7th June 2022 at 9am
Start Date: September 1st 2022
ECTs Considered: Yes
We are proud of our enthusiastic children and dedicated staff team who make Nova Primary a friendly and fun-filled school to learn in. Nova Primary is at the heart of a diverse and ever-changing community in Shirehampton, North West Bristol. Embedded in our school logo is a star; it represents our core belief that there are no limits to how highly our pupils and staff can achieve. Our values of Trust, Friendship, Discovery and Success are fundamental to our ethos, making Nova Primary a wonderful place to further your teaching career.
We are looking for a committed and inspirational KS2 class teacher to join our talented teaching team at Nova Primary. The successful candidate will have successful experience of working in KS2 and be someone who is driven to target and support children to achieve their very best. In teachers who have completed their NQT/ECT induction, we are also looking for a strong subject leader and someone who can lead an area of the curriculum with passion. Please specify in your application your subject specialisms.
What we offer:
- A friendly and collaborative team of professionals who care about each other;
- A supportive and encouraging leadership team who value integrity;
- An experienced and committed partner teacher to work alongside;
- Training and development opportunities for all staff, including full induction programme for newly qualified and experienced teachers;
- Incredible school fields and access to the natural environment;
- A curriculum packed with opportunities and possibilities;
- Creative, enthusiastic children with amazing ideas who will make you smile on a daily basis;
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of our children and families.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for someone who shares our vison and belief that all children can exceed expectations and shine brightly, without limits.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent teacher with high expectations of self and all children; someone who is committed to raising standards of learning and achievement;
- Personable, approachable and able to build positive working relationships with adults and children;
- A creative and evidence-based practitioner who is eager to continue learning and driven to improve their practice;
- An inspirer who is able to motivate all pupils to learn; someone who is genuinely interested in children learning in a creative and engaging way;
- Be an advocate for trauma-informed practice in supporting the social, emotional and mental-health of young people;
- Solution focused and resilient; someone who can offer and receive support as part of a team;
- A passionate team player who will play an active role in all aspects of school life and make an active contribution to the development of our school.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to find out more by contacting our school to arrange a phone call or visit. Our school website and social media pages will also give you an insight into the wonderful world of Nova Primary. Please download the full job description, person specification and application below.
Closing date: Tuesday 7th June
Interviews: Friday 10th June
Safeguarding statement Nova Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are also committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity, in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.
Nova Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.