KS2 Class Teacher and Year group leader
Required for: September 2019
Salary: MPS/ UPS + TLR 2 (currently £4,763 pa)
NB. This post is not suitable for NQTs
Are you a talented and ambitious class teacher looking the next step in your career?
If yes, then Horsenden Primary School may have just the challenge for you. The new leadership team are looking to further strengthen the team with the addition of inspiring classroom teachers to be Year group leaders. This is an ideal middle leadership role for an experienced teacher who enjoys making a positive contribution to the whole school and who wants to take the step up into leadership with the support of an experienced and supportive team.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- is an outstanding practitioner who has a proven track record of having a positive impact on pupil outcomes
- has some leadership experience and has high aspirations for all pupil’s achievement and behaviour
- is inspired and passionate about learning and has the ability to motivate and inspire others
- values inclusion and has a genuine interest in working with a team, taking risks and trying new and innovative ways of working
- has a clear commitment to whole school improvement with excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills to engage the wider community
- to lead an assigned year group to achieve high quality teaching, effective use of resources and the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils through provision of a creative and rigorous curriculum.
- take specific responsibility and accountability for the day to day management and organisation of your year group.
- to promote the wellbeing of staff and pupils in the school with particular reference to your year group team.
- lead and co-ordinate the work of the assigned year group, ensuring all statutory and school assessments are undertaken and to be accountable for standards within the year group.
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average, 4 form entry primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing, serving a diverse community. The school has fantastic facilities, including the Seahorse Swim School and Children’s Centre.
What we will offer:
An experienced leadership team focussed on school improvement and committed to professional development for all staff. Support and development through an effective appraisal system and regular feedback from monitoring. An enthusiastic team and well-behaved children who are eager to make good progress in their learning.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged, please contact admin team to make an appointment and for an application pack.
Closing Date: 26/04/2019
Horsenden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.