Department: Academy Schools
Division: Ocean Academy, Poole
Salary details: Teachers Main Scale
Maternity Cover KS2
Hours 1.0 FTE
Contract Type: Fixed Term 4th January 2022 to 15th July 2022
Contact detail: Jane Burry (Office Manager)
At Ocean Academy Poole, we are looking to appoint a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic teacher to join our happy, successful and forward-thinking school.
We are passionate about excellence in education, giving pupils the very best start in life with a firm belief that aspirational teaching transforms lives. Our core belief is that for all students to have high aspirations they must believe in themselves (SELF WORTH), be actively engaged in their learning (ENGAGEMENT) and see the connection between what they learn today and who they want to become tomorrow (PURPOSE).
Ocean Academy is part of Aspirations Academies who sponsor primary and secondary academies located within three geographical regions, or districts: West London, South Coast (Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset) and Banbury (Oxfordshire).
We can offer the right candidate:
• Happy, well-motivated and engaged children, who are keen to learn;
• An experienced, hardworking and supportive team;
• Fun, friendly and supportive staff;
• Pupils with excellent attitudes to learning and outstanding behaviour;
• Wide opportunities and specialist training for professional development within our Trust
• A proactive approach to staff well-being, work-life balance and care for each person as an individual;
• Beautiful school grounds, a new school building and a stimulating learning environment
The children would like a teacher who:
• Is happy and smiles a lot.
• Makes lessons exciting, interesting, and fun.
• Listens to them and looks after them.
• Have a passion for teaching and learning and want to inspire future generations;
• Have high expectations and a commitment to ensuring all children succeed;
• Wish to work in a happy, friendly school with a positive attitude;
• Can make learning exciting ,motivating and fun;
• Work well in a team to support and learn from others;
• Are able to bring energy and enthusiasm to the role.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to meet you and show you around our amazing Academy.
Applications from NQTs and experienced teachers are warmly welcome.
Please contact our office manager Jane Burry if you have any questions about this role. Full post details including job description and personal specification are also available on the school website.
Further information about the school can also be found on the school website
Closing date: 18 October 2021 - 11am
Interview date: 22 October 2021
Ocean Academy and Aspirations are committed to children’s safety and safeguarding; DBS disclosure requirements will apply to this post. View our Child Protection Policy on the school website. Aspirations Academies Trust and Ocean Academy Poole are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they meet the essential elements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, and Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Ocean Academy Poole is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.