Full-time, fixed term to cover Maternity leave from April 2022
MPS (£25,714 - £36,961) per annum + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
Merchants’ Academy is a 3-18 Academy sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. The Academy is well resourced, and staff and their development is a priority.
Applications are invited from high quality candidates to join an exciting and committed team at Merchants’ Academy.
We are looking to appoint a positive, hardworking, skilled and ambitious practitioner who wants to make a real difference to children’s lives and is ready and able to take on a role teaching our children and working in harmony with staff, families and other key stakeholders.
Candidates for this post should be:
• Passionate about how children learn best with a genuine belief that all children can succeed.
• Creative and adaptable, with a good sense of humour.
• An innovative practitioner who values and can support enquiry and curriculum development
• Can work positively within a team setting.
• A confident professional, keen to share their knowledge and understanding with others and committed to ongoing professional development.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a passion for working with children alongside a deep pedagogical knowledge of teaching and learning to help children realise their academic potential as well as a commitment to enhancing the life chances of the children in the community which we serve.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
• Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
• To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
If you are hardworking, reflective, committed, and looking to further develop your talents and skills at Merchants’ Academy then we would love to receive an application from you.
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd February 2022 at 9:00. Interviews: W/c 7th February 2022
Merchants' Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.