MERTHYR TYDFIL COUNTY BOROUGH COUNCIL
TWYNYRODYN COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Head teacher: Mr A. Mills
Required for January 2022 (or December if possible)
Primary School Teacher (Year 6)
Fixed Term (until 31st August 2022)
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
We welcome applications from enthusiastic, experienced teachers, who feel they can help our school to build on its strengths and work towards excellence of provision, achievement and attainment.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent classroom practitioner and have a clear understanding of effective teaching and learning to inspire, nurture and guide pupils of all abilities
• have very high expectations of achievement and behaviour and have energy, enthusiasm, drive and determination to raise standards
• have an up to date knowledge of the curriculum reform for Wales and be proactive in own professional learning
• be passionate about education with the commitment and drive to enable all learners to succeed in their learning, fostering excellent relationships and understanding pupils’ needs very well
• be able to provide high quality learning experiences through an imaginative approach to skills based learning, including the ability to use up to date ICT effectively to engage and motivate
• have the ability to fully embed assessment for learning strategies, effectively assess, set targets and use data effectively
• have an in-depth knowledge of the statutory primary curriculum and the skills framework and be able to provide regular opportunities for pupil led learning across the curriculum
• have a positive and enthusiastic attitude to all aspects of school life
• possess excellent organisation and communication skills with staff, parents and pupils
• an ability to use digital platforms effectively to enhance our children's learning and be fully committed to promoting Welsh 2nd Language and the well-being of our pupils
• be able to effectively contribute to develop a subject area across the school
• be hard working and able to work effectively with the Headteacher, leadership team, colleagues, governors, parents and the wider community
• support our drive to develop pupil participation that is based on rights-respecting values
We welcome applications from enthusiastic, vibrant and creative teachers who are passionate about teaching and learning.
Applicants should state their curricular strengths and any extra-curricular skills they may be able to offer the school.
Candidates will be shortlisted during the week beginning 8th November. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to teach a lesson at Twynyrodyn Community School and interviews will take place during the week beginning 15th November.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council encourages applications from Welsh speakers. Application forms may be submitted in Welsh and any applications completed in Welsh will not be treated any less favourably than those submitted in English.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is committed to protecting and safeguarding the most vulnerable people in our community. Rigorous pre-employment checks are undertaken for all appointments as part of our recruitment and selection process.
All employees are required to comply with their individual and organisational responsibilities under the Data Protection Act, the Information Security Policy and relevant supporting operational policies. Any matters of a confidential nature must not be disclosed or passed to any unauthorised persons or third party under any circumstance either during or after employment except in the proper course of your employment or as required by law, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council or both. Any breach of confidentiality may lead to disciplinary action.
Twynrodyn Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.