Employer: Nova Primary School
Contract: Part Time - fixed term maternity cover (1 year) until 1st November 2021 or post
Live on Site until: Wednesday 8th July 2020
Applications close: Wednesday 8th July 2020 at 9am
Start Date: Start of term 2 (Monday 2nd November 2020)
NQTs Considered: Yes
We are proud of our enthusiastic children and dedicated staff team who make Nova Primary a friendly and fun-filled school to learn in. Nova Primary is at the heart of a diverse and everchanging community in Shirehampton, North West Bristol. Embedded in our school logo is a star; it represents our core belief that there are no limits to how highly our pupils and staff can achieve. Our values of Trust, Friendship, Discovery and Success are fundamental to our ethos, making Nova Primary a wonderful place to further your teaching career.
Interviews will be held virtually rather than at our school premises unless we are given new government guidance.
We are looking for an inspirational qualified class teacher to join our talented teaching team at Nova Primary. This role is a temporary fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave as part of a job share.
The position is for 50% of the week, in a Year 3 class, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday until lunchtime.
What we offer:
- A friendly and collaborative team of professionals who care about each other;
- A supportive and encouraging leadership team who value integrity;
- An experienced and committed partner teacher to work alongside;
- Training and development opportunities for all staff, including full induction programme for newly qualified and experienced teachers;
- Incredible school fields and access to the natural environment;
- A curriculum packed with opportunities and possibilities;
- Creative, enthusiastic children with amazing ideas who will make you smile on a daily basis;
- The chance to make a real difference to the lives of our children and families.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for someone who shares our vison and belief that all children can exceed expectations and shine brightly, without limits.
The successful candidate will be:
- A positive and enthusiastic addition to our lively learning community;
- Personable, approachable and able to build positive working relationships with adults and children;
- An excellent teacher with high expectations of self and all children; someone who is committed to raising standards of learning and achievement;
- A creative and evidence-based practitioner who is eager to continue learning and driven to improve their practice;
- An inspirer who is able to motivate all pupils to learn; someone who is genuinely interested in children learning in a creative and engaging way;
- Experienced and committed to positive behaviour management strategies;
- Solution focused and resilient; someone who can offer and receive support as part of a team;
- A passionate team player who will play an active role in all aspects of school life and make an active contribution to the development of our school.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, we strongly encourage you to find out more by visiting our school website and social media. Please download the full job description, person specification and application below.
Usually we strongly encourage visits to our school, however in the current climate we are unable to offer this. Instead we will offer a telephone slot with a member of our school leadership team which will give you an opportunity to ask questions about the school. Please contact the school to arrange a telephone meeting.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th July at 9am
Interviews: Monday 13th July 2020
Nova Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are also committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity, in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.
Nova Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.