Full time KS2 SEN Learning Support Assistant and SMSA
Contract: 5 days a week 32.5 hours a week as follows:
- 27.5 hours LSA
- 5 hours SMSA
(Contract until August 2021 with possibility of becoming permanent)
The Head teacher and governors are looking for an adaptable, enthusiastic learning support assistant with proven skills who can provide support for a child with Autism in the classroom and at lunchtime.
The position will suit candidates who will put the needs of the child first, is flexible and has excellent interpersonal skills.
The job will involve working in partnership with the class teacher, school SENDCO and other external professionals.
St Bonaventure’s is a successful, warm and welcoming primary school where children are at the heart of everything we do. The successful applicant will join a hardworking team of dedicated professionals.
- Experience supporting pupils with SEN including Autism and Attachment Disorder
- An understanding of progression and learning expectations across KS1 & KS2
- An understanding of how to modify and adapt the school day to meet the needs of an individual child/group of children
- High expectations of teaching and learning
- Good behaviour management
- Strong organisational skills
- An ability to inspire children to reach their full potential
- A commitment to working closely as a team member
Interviews to be held on Monday 8th March 2021.
Visits to the school are welcome but are strictly by appointment only. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
St Bonaventure's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.