Years 5/6 Class Teacher required full time (maternity cover)
Sandringham & West Newton CE Primary Academy is looking to recruit an excellent teacher for years 5&6 class, on a full time maternity cover contract, to join our supportive, friendly and welcoming school from July 2019, if possible, otherwise from September 2019.
You will be highly motivated and bring commitment to team work, provision of high quality education, flexibility and a willingness to develop new ideas. An understanding of the KS2 curriculum is essential.
We are an ambitious, forward looking school, focussed on delivering high quality education for our children and families. The school is based on the Royal Sandringham Estate in the heart of rural Norfolk.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching and learning:
- Has high expectations
- Encourages children to develop in all aspects of their learning, including both socially and emotionally
- Shares our vision and values
- Has the ability to reflect on and develop their classroom practice
- Has an excellent understanding of the Key Stage 2 curriculum
- Has year 6 experience (desired)
In return we can offer you:
- A supportive working environment where staff well-being is paramount
- Enthusiastic, happy and rewarding children who are eager to learn
- Forward thinking approaches to learning, professional development and school improvement
- An opportunity to be innovative and creative
We welcome visits to the school which are very much encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange.
Closing date for application: 4.00pm, Friday 1st March 2019
Interviews: Thursday 7th March 2019
Please provide a current email address, as invitations to interview will be made by email.
Sandringham & West Newton Church of England Primary and DNEAT Academy Trust is committed to
Equal Opportunities regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Our trust
is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young
people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment and
an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought as part of our safe recruitment
process. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK and 2 suitable references
will be obtained. Our Safer Recruitment Policy states we will call for all
references in advance of interview.