Thank you for your interest in applying for the class teacher role at our school. Our governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated teacher to join our caring and enthusiastic school, graded ‘good’ by Ofsted in June 2017.
Our school is a friendly and welcoming, Leicestershire LA maintained school, located in between Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Swadlincote. With our family values and a positive nurturing ethos, the children are at the heart of everything we do. Our motto, ‘Together we try,’ is evident throughout the school and ensures that adults and children learn together and achieve their best through a curriculum that is exciting and promotes a love of learning.
We welcome candidates who can share and be a part of this approach at Moira Primary School. The successful candidate will be required to commence employment on Monday 24th August 2020. Applications from NQT's will be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- Nurture and cherish the children, promoting their safety, well-being and learning.
- Be creative, enthusiastic and resourceful with a passion for teaching and learning
- Have high aspirations for all children
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, providing a stimulating environment for learning and quality teaching
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to liaise effectively with parents and have excellent relationships with the children and their families
We can offer you:
- A friendly, supportive team of staff and governors
- A caring school ethos where we believe children deserve the best education
- A commitment to your professional development and health and well-being
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th June at 9.00am.
Visits to the school. Visits maybe arranged, adhering to social distancing guidelines, on either Monday 1st, Thursday 4th or Friday 5th June at 3.30pm. Please contact the school via e-mail to arrange.
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 10th June. The interviews will be conducted via a remote platform, where you will have the opportunity to elaborate on your application and respond to a number of questions pertaining to the role of class teacher and the job specification outlined. Candidates will be informed by telephone about the outcome of their interview in due course.
Moira Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.