TRELAI PRIMARY SCHOOL
TEMPORARY CLASS TEACHER
MPS / UPS
Temporary until 31st August 2021
Required from 1st September 2020
The Governors of Trelai Primary wish to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teacher for a temporary post in Key Stage 2, to start September 2020.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the skills of an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of children’s behaviour and achievement. The successful candidate will work with staff who are committed to providing children with excellent learning experiences.
The successful candidate will:
• have an excellent working knowledge of Key Stage Two;
• be an excellent, experienced classroom practitioner is prepared to work hard to ensure the best for each child inspires and encourages them to reach their full potential through high quality learning experiences;
• have excellent behaviour management skills;
• be able to build positive relationships with pupils;
• have successful and relevant experience at raising standards;
• have the ability to fully implement assessment for learning strategies assess, set
• targets and use data effectively;
• have the ability to use ICT effectively to deliver high quality teaching and learning experiences;
• seek to explore and share ideas to embed our new curriculum have an excellent understanding and implementation skills development and pedagogy;
• be committed to equality of opportunities and inclusion for all;
• be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills to work effectively in partnership with parents, staff, governors and the local community;
• commit to an after school club;
• have the desire to maintain your professional learning and develop the use of the welsh language.
This post has a requirement for registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced checks.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post. We also cannot accept application forms by post.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Director/ Assistant Director/ Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to: Mrs Carolyn Mason by e-mail by the closing date. (Please click 'Apply Now' for the e-mail address).
Closing Date: Monday 22nd June 2020 (Noon)
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.