We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative classroom practitioner to join our friendly, hardworking, supportive team in this popular school. We are looking for a motivated and dedicated teacher who has vision and imagination, and who is both passionate about children’s learning and committed to high standards of achievement.
We offer an ambitious and creative place to work, with a team who are happy to assist and support you in achieving your professional goals
• have qualified teacher status/finishing Initial Teacher Training programme
• be in sympathy with the ethos of a Catholic School
• be an excellent classroom practitioner with a clear understanding of the provision necessary for successful learning and teaching in Key Stage 2
• have a particular passion for and knowledge of a curriculum area
• be able to provide a stimulating, organised and educationally rich learning environment
• have a commitment to high expectations and target setting to ensure continuing improvement
• be able to use assessment as a tool to aid future learning
• have personal presence and confidence, warmth and sensitivity, flexibility and maturity of approach, enthusiasm and a sense of humour.
• have the ability to communicate effectively and positively with pupils, colleagues and parents.
• be willing to contribute to the range of extra - curricular activities offered by the school
Closing date for applications: 16th October 2020 No Agencies Please
St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
This post will be subject to a DBS check and relevant references covering the last two years.