Salary: TSAT Teacher Scale £27,186 to £42,192 per annum
Location: Chatham, Medway, Kent
Start Date: January 2021
We are the best performing primary school in Medway, ranking well above average progress in all areas. – 2019 Department of Education Primary league table results
We are a modern three-form entry school that opened in September 2014 and teaches over 600 children from the local community. We have modern classrooms and facilities that will help the successful applicant teach an inspiring and creative curriculum to our students.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new school and join our Trust. You will work with brand new facilities and grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
- QTS and excellent knowledge and experience of teaching
- Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and interpersonal skills
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- Excellent classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
What you will get from New Horizons Children’s Academy:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
- The opportunity to work with happy children who come into school ready and excited to learn each morning.
- Support from a vast network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust, our teachers regularly get the opportunity to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other 4 Medway Primary Schools within our trust.
- As a teacher at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust you can also benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- We can offer excellent CPD opportunities, particularly through the New Horizons Teaching School’s alliance, which also offers a great support network for our staff.
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Brand new facilities - the school building offers lots of space and intervention and breakout areas, we also have three playgrounds
- Free parking in our large staff carpark
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
We want to employ teachers who are a great team member and are keen to seek CPD, an aspiring leader of learning and be happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our new school.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a brand new school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to call our Office Manager, Kerry Masters, to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
New Horizons is committed to safe recruitment procedures. Appointment to a post at the school is subject to:
An enhanced DBS and Barred List check
Accurate disclosure of information on application form
Satisfactory medical report, if applicable
References that are satisfactory to the school