The Governors of Castleton Primary are seeking a KS2 primary teacher to join our popular, recently expanded 2 form entry school, which was rated as good by Ofsted in 2017.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher, who is organised and motivated, with a well developed sense of fun, to join our key stage 2 team. You will be supported by key stage colleagues and the school leadership team, to enable you to be an invaluable member of the school.
At Castleton we are committed to high quality professional development for staff, to enable us to provide a learning environment where first hand experiences underpin successful learning. The school prides itself on its nurturing environment in which pupils, staff and the community are embraced and are proud of their school.
The successful candidate will:
• have recent experience of working in Key Stage 2
• have a clear understanding of the current Key Stage 2 curriculum
• be creative and enthusiastic
• have high expectations of behaviour and good classroom management skills
• understand how to use assessment to raise attainment
• form good relationships with adults and children
• to contribute fully to the Key Stage 2 team and play a full role in the whole life of the school
• have knowledge and understanding of how to safeguard pupils
• be a resilient team player
Please visit our comprehensive website, where you can get a feel for our school and its ethos.
If you would like to know more about the post or would like to arrange a visit, please contact the school office.
Closing date 26th March 2021.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Castleton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.