Plas Derwen, Flintshire
Job Title: Teacher- Key Stage 2
Start date: January 1st 2022 or sooner
Salary: MPS/UPS + SEN 1 allowance
Live on site until: Monday 27th September 2021
Applications close: Monday 27th September 2021
NQTs considered: NO
Plas Derwen is a forward thinking portfolio of Pupil Referral Units providing education for pupils other than at school (EOTAS).
Plas Derwen is looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic practitioner to work within the Key Stage 2 provision of Plas Derwen. The post holder will be expected to teach KS2 pupils in a small group setting, catering for learners who experience social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We require a suitably qualified and experienced teacher who is able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the aims, values and ethos of Plas Derwen. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering excellent outcomes for pupils displaying challenging behaviour. Collaborative working is an essential part of this role and the successful candidate will be expected to develop effective internal working relationships with pupils and staff, as well as external partnerships with parents, schools and a wide range of stakeholders.
The organisation is looking to appoint a person who:
• works effectively as part of a team and independently.
• has a sound knowledge of behaviour management
• can lead and manage Resource based staff
• has a creative approach to learning
• able to share expertise through an advisory/training role across Flintshire schools whenever directed by the Headteacher.
• has a high structure to planning and preparation
• has a high nurturing ethos and approach to teaching and learning
In return we will offer:
• pupils who need a consistent approach
• the opportunity to work with a committed and dedicated team
• every opportunity to further enhance your professional development
Job description and Person Specification: See attached
Reports to: Headteacher, Management Committee and LA Inclusion Service
Informal visits to the Plas Derwen are available through prior arrangement with the Headteacher.
As this post will result in you having substantial contact with children, and/or vulnerable adults the successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check.
Plas Derwen is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.