Be Kind! Be brilliant! Have a ‘I can’ attitude! Is that the kind of teacher you want to be? We are seeking to appoint a part-time teacher to work with the same ethos as we instil in our pupils.
Oxley is a medium-sized primary school located in Shepshed in the heart of the beautiful Charnwood countryside. With 258 pupils on roll, we provide education from EYFS to Year 6 in our recently expanded facilities rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2018. This is an exciting time in Oxley’s development with a newly appointed leadership team and friendly staff who are all keen to welcome you.
We are looking for:
- A motivated, ambitious and dedicated individual with recent experience in upper KS2, either as a teacher or during teaching placement.
- Someone whose teaching practice is at least good and who is keen to continually improve and set high standards for our children.
- A talented teacher who is able to reflect on their teaching and focus on providing enriching challenges and learning to our children.
- Someone with an excellent understanding of the expectations for English and Maths in KS2.
- Someone with resilience, positivity, drive and energy, who wishes to collaborate with our team and share best practice.
The successful applicant would share responsibility for our Y5 class on Fridays and would also cover the equivalent of 1 day a week with Y6 to provide management release time for our Deputy Head. The post will also involve some targeted intervention work within Key Stage 2.
If you think you are the person we are looking for then please get in touch via our school office. Applications to be received by 12 noon on Wednesday 29th September.
In return we can offer you:
- small class sizes.
- •professional development opportunities working with a range of schools and networks.
- •happy, positive, wonderful pupils who are keen to learn and ready to thrive.
- •a supportive staff and governing body.
If you are passionate and uncompromising about delivering the highest quality education for our students, then we warmly welcome your application.
We welcome potential applicants calling the school office to arrange an informal discussion or visit to site with the Headteacher.
Please refer to the documents attached for more information and to support your application.
Oxley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to safeguarding checks including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before appointment is confirmed.