APPOINTMENT OF KEY STAGE 2 TEACHER
Post Ref: ED50052710
Full Time Maternity Cover – MPS/UPS
January 2022 – August 2022 (in the first instance)
St Monica’s Church in Wales Primary School, CARDIFF
Where every child has the chance to shine.
The Governors wish to appoint an energetic, enthusiastic teacher for a Key Stage 2 class to join the existing dedicated staff team at our successful multi-cultural, multi-faith Church in Wales school.
The successful applicant will be:
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Able to work well as part of a team
• Adaptable, resourceful, hard working
• A teacher with high expectations for all learners
• Willing to participate in all aspects of school life
In return, we offer the opportunity to:
• Join a welcoming Christian community
• Develop your career in this exciting, diverse and inclusive school with engaging, well-behaved pupils and supportive governors and parents
• Work with motivated, friendly, dedicated colleagues with high expectations for all pupils
• Work with a highly supportive and professional Governing Body committed to raising standards
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will be expected to provide two suitable references.
These posts are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced checks.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Application forms and further information is available on the school website and on E-teach.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms to be returned to St Monica’s CW Primary School, Whitchurch Road, Cathays, Cardiff CF14 3JL
Informal visits to school for prospective candidates are most welcome, please contact the Head – Abi Beacon to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th October 2021 midday
Interviews will commence week beginning Monday 18th October 2021
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.