KS2 Teaching Post – Temporary
One year in the first instance
(opportunity for post to be extended for exceptional candidate)
Required from September 2022
The Headteacher and Governors of Horsforth Newlaithes Primary School are seeking to appoint a creative, passionate and inspirational primary practitioner to provide exciting and fun learning opportunities for our children.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who can bring energy and enthusiasm to the post. The candidate will be fully committed to raising achievement of pupils in their class as well as impact on the wider school community through the effective co-ordination of a subject area. For an Early Career Teacher, the successful candidate will be expected to support the co-ordination of a subject area alongside an experienced member of staff.
The candidate will:
• Have high expectations of themselves, the people they work with and the children they teach.
• Use assessment for learning techniques to ensure all children make outstanding progress in their learning.
• Be committed to driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• Be an effective and reflective classroom practitioner who is willing to learn and develop whilst sharing expertise to develop others.
• Promote effective behaviour for learning techniques.
• Be well-organised and able to work well both as part of a team and independently.
• Be cheerful with a positive, 'can-do' attitude.
• Be able to demonstrate very good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Lead, motivate and inspire teams of people.
We will offer:
• Delightful and engaged children.
• A lively and creative school committed to consistently improving standards.
• A welcoming and friendly community of committed and supportive staff and governors.
• A commitment to CPD.
• A supportive and friendly environment.
• The opportunity to model and share good practice.
Horsforth Newlaithes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS).
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Candidates are encouraged to come and look around the school by prior arrangement. For more information, or to arrange a visit, please contact Ms Seth, School Business Manager. (see attached advert for full details)
School is closed for half term 30th May – 6th June 2022.
Closing date for applications is 12.00pm Tuesday 24th May 2022.
Interviews will be held wk/c 6 th June 2022 (TBC).
Horsforth Newlaithes Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.