We are looking for an enthusiastic KS2 Teacher to join our welcoming team. This is a unique opportunity for a qualified Teacher to inspire and engage the learners with the KS2 curriculum, supported by colleagues across the school.
Hours: Full-time, term time only.
Salary: MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604)
Start Date: Tuesday 30th August 2022
Hardwick House School is a small specialist independent school for learners, aged 7-19, with high functioning autism. The school provides a safe learning environment in which our learners can boost their self-esteem, thrive and succeed academically and socially. You will be working alongside a range of colleagues at Hardwick House including our leadership team, teachers, learning support assistants, support staff and therapists, all of which will support you to thrive in this role. We are part of Cavendish Education, a unique family of schools, who provide further networking opportunities and support from colleagues across the group.
You will be responsible for the KS2 cohort of pupils which is one group, with pupils ranging from Y4 to Y6. In Key Stage Two the curriculum is theme-based ensuring that links to the national curriculum for English, Maths and Science are implemented as well as catering for the learner’s individual needs.
What we’re looking for:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Experience of planning and delivering a KS2 curriculum
• A proactive and can-do attitude
• Previous experience of working with children with autism is desirable but not essential
• A commitment to the wellbeing of everyone at the school
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity of working in a supportive school community where every member is valued
• A weekly programme of CPD for personal and career development
• Free access to an employee assistance programme as part of promoting staff wellbeing
• Free tea and coffee, and further staff rewards
• An established culture that supports work-life balance
• To be part of a friendly and social staff team
Closing date: Friday 10th June 2022 at 2pm
Interviews: Tuesday 14th June 2022
Further information can be found on our school website and further enquiries about the role are welcome. Please give us a call or contact us via the school website. Only applications submitted using the school’s application form will be accepted.
Hardwick House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Candidates who are shortlisted will be asked to complete a DBS disclosure form prior to interview.
Hardwick House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.