KS2 TEACHING ASSISTANT
Magdalen College School, founded in 1480, is one of the country’s leading independent day schools.
We are seeking to appoint a KS2 Teaching Assistant to provide curricular and pastoral support in our thriving and friendly Junior School. This is an exciting and varied role and is an ideal opportunity for anyone wishing to explore a career in working with children. The appointment will start on 1st September 2020.
The successful candidate will enjoy a varied daily routine as part of a close team in the Junior School. There will be an emphasis on helping in the classrooms across the year groups but the list below will offer an idea of what else is to be expected, although it is not exhaustive.
• Work closely with the JS staff in assisting in the day-to-day running of a busy Junior School.
• Work with small groups of boys on reinforcement and enrichments tasks.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of specific resources for these groups together with the relevant subject teacher.
• Covering lessons for absent staff.
• Provide supervisory support during lunch and break time.
• Helping to run our After School Provision.
• Accompany classes on day and residential trips.
• Provide reprographic support and mount boys’ work ready to display.
• Cover Reception.
• Help with school fixtures.
• Invigilating tests for late applicants.
Further details of the position and a Support Staff application form can be found attached, along with details of how to apply.
Magdalen College School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and the successful candidate will be required to undergo statutory checks before the commencement of his/her employment.