Hours are 32.5 per week – term time plus training days. One year fixed term in the first instance
Actual Salary is £13,780 per annum based on an FTE salary of £18,562 - Band 2
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Christ The King Catholic Voluntary Academy in Leicester. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
You will work in a class supporting the children to make outstanding progress. Your time will be split between in class support, interventions and supporting level 3 teaching assistants with class cover. Lunchtime supervision will also be a part of this role for 30 minutes every day. You will be making a difference to children’s education whilst being supported by outstanding leaders and prime CPD provided by our Teaching School and external agencies.
• Working with class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
• Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
• Accompanying groups on trips.
• Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
• Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
• Cover classes as and when required delivering content supplied by the teacher
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Term-time hours
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Onsite carparking
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
• Previous childcare experience.
• A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• A can-do attitude.
• A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Closing date – 9am Wednesday 6th October 2021 Interviews W/c 11th October 2021
Please note, we do not accept CV's.
If you require any further information, please contact Jo Coombe - Operations Manager on - 0116-2857261
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.