Premises Officer – Level 3
Salary LG Band 6, points 15 to 18
37 hours per week for 52 weeks of the year
Working hours: 11am to 7pm
We are looking for a Site Manager to join the staff team at Abbey Mead Primary Academy, part of the Mead Educational Trust. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and energetic person as a full time Level 3 Premises Officer.
Abbey is a large inner-city primary school, centrally located and reflecting the culture of its locality.
The purpose of this role is to work in partnership with the existing Site Manager to undertake the strategic and operational management responsibility for the maintenance, security, health & safety of the school site, grounds and facilities to ensure they operate efficiently and effectively. This role will involve the supervision of a cleaning team and overseeing the letting of the school building, in the evening, once COVID restrictions allow.
We are looking for:
• An enthusiastic and energetic person to work with the Principal and Business Manager to ensure the school complies with all legal requirements in relation to health and safety, security and increasingly, the environment.
• A working knowledge of legislation relating to Fire Risk Assessments, COSHH, working at height and other essential risk assessments.
• An ability to undertake timely repairs, alterations, decoration and maintenance duties in the building and outdoor facilities.
• Someone with good interpersonal skills to effectively manage the cleaning team and liaise with external lettings.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work in a school with dynamic leadership that has instigated a programme of fast paced improvement of the site.
• An opportunity to make a difference to a school building and extensive grounds that have great potential to be an exceptional place for our pupils to learn.
• A school based in a part of the city with a distinct and vibrant cultural identity.
• A dedicated and professional staff to support you.
• An excellent professional network across The Mead Educational Trust.
• Access to Continued Professional Development opportunities
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Qualification and/or substantial experience in more than one craft or trade e.g. plumbing, carpentry etc.
• Qualification and/or experience in Health & Safety Legislation and local policy, procedure and guidelines.
• Relevant building regulation knowledge.
• Demonstrable experience of understanding and applying procedures/ polices in general.
Job Description and person specification (see below)
Closing date: 10th May 2021
Shortlisting date: 11th May 2021
Interviews: 14th May 2021
Start Date: ASAP
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.