We are seeking an excellent Laboratory Technician to join our Senior Girls School as soon as possible. The successful candidate will contribute towards the efficient and smooth running of our highly committed and professional Science Department. As this is a varied role, candidates must be flexible and possess excellent organisational skills.
This is a part-time post working 3 – 4 day per week depending on your availability. The normal working year will be 37 weeks when the school is in session.
To be successful in this role, you must:-
• Have a science background
• Have relevant previous experience and familiarity with the handling of chemicals and scientific equipment.
• A good understanding of laboratory Health & Safety (including CLEAPSS)
• Committed to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
• Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
Applications must be received by midday on Monday 15 March 2021. Please apply early as we will consider applications upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview/appoint prior to the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
In addition to an assessment of their ability to perform the duties of the post applied for, candidates invited to attend for interview should expect further discussion relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.