Lead for Initial Teacher Training with the Bristol early Years Teaching School Alliance
Our Teaching School has been running very successful Schools Direct ITT programmes for the last 5 years with both Bath Spa University and The University of Gloucestershire.
The routes are all for 3-7yrs (Early Years and Primary), and have been developed to be deeply reflective, inclusive, and creative with a focus on emotional wellbeing. We bring to them all our Early Years expertise.
This year we are developing a new model, moving away from bath Spa University to work in alliance with the Cabot Learning Federation (who are a SCITT) and UWE to provide our ITT programme.
We believe this is an exciting opportunity to develop new ways of working and to align more closely with other Bristol City ITT providers whilst maintaining the excellence of our core Early Years offer, we really look forward to collaborating with the Cabot Learning Federation on this.
Due to the retirement of a valued member of staff we are looking to recruit someone new to lead this work.
We are ambitious, and hope to find a like-minded person who will:
- Model and expect high standards of themselves and others
- Be creative and rigorous in developing and delivering the new ITT programme
- Empower our trainee teachers to become inspired teachers and leaders of the future
- Ensure that our programme is as accessible and inclusive as possible
- Understand and empathise with the our traines modelling exceptional emotional intelligence
- Ensure that we are informed about any change and developments in ITT nationally, regionally and locally
- Work to develop authentic respectful working partnerships with our alliance schools and other providers
- Be a champion for our Teaching School, and our ITT Programmes
In return we can offer you:
- A well informed, ambitious, caring and creative leadership team
- Supervision and CPLD that will support and challenge you
- Opportunity to lead, represent, connect and be part of bigger picture thinking
- Autonomy and flexible ways of working
If you would like to discuss this role any further, please email the Headteacher ,Ms Lucy Driver
Closing date for all applications: Thursday May 9th 2019 at midday
Interview date: Wednesday 15th May 2019
St Pauls Nursery School & Children's Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.