We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of French to lead the MFL department at Key Stage 3. Robert Clack School is expanding, with the opening of a third site this month. Currently we have approximately 2,400 pupils on roll however when we reach full capacity, we will have approximately 3,000 pupils. It is a fast paced environment, which will provide plenty of opportunity and challenge.
Robert Clack School prides itself on delivering a challenging and engaging MFL curriculum. At Key Stage 3, pupils are given the opportunity to study a range of topics in French and Spanish such as health, media, school and family. They are taught basic grammar rules and tenses, giving them a firm foundation to build on if they choose to study French or Spanish at GCSE level. At Key Stage 4, we follow the AQA syllabus for French and Spanish. Pupils can further develop the skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) learnt at Key Stage 3. Topics such as school life, food and drink, social issues, global issues, holidays and careers are covered. In addition to French and Spanish, there are numerous other foreign language examinations taken by our pupils. Bengali, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Italian, German, Urdu, Turkish and Portuguese are just some of the examinations taken in recent years.
At Key Stage 5, A-level French is a linear course taught over 2 years, with final exams taken in Year 13. We follow the AQA specification and cover topics which include aspects of French-speaking society, current trends, artistic culture in the French-speaking world, a study of our chosen film (Entre les murs Laurent Cantet), current issues and aspects of political life in the French-speaking world and a study of French literature (Faïza Guène, Kiffe kiffe demain).
Our aim is to provide our pupils with the building blocks to become independent language learners and we work hard to ensure that pupils are given plenty of opportunities to use their language skills. The Modern Languages Department have a very positive outlook and all colleagues work hard, collaboratively and successfully together.
You must be passionate about teaching. You will be expected to collaborate with colleagues in the department and lead in planning and delivering lessons at Key Stage 3 across a range of abilities. You must be committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning, while securing outstanding progress for all pupils. We are looking for an individual who has/is:-
• UK Qualified Teacher Status;
• Experience and knowledge of teaching French within a secondary school;
• Excellent subject and curriculum knowledge;
• Record of / commitment to outstanding teaching and pupil progress;
• Experience of or a commitment to wider school responsibilities;
• Able to commit to holding extra-curricular clubs;
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
• A motivator, by example, of pupils, staff and parents;
• An appreciation and an understanding of a school at the heart of the community.
Robert Clack School of Science is one of the most successful schools in the UK and we are expanding to become one of the largest schools in the UK. Reasons to join us:
• Our Pupils: The exemplary behaviour of our pupils is always commented upon by visitors to our school. Our pastoral system is second to none, reinforcing the values and ethos of the school. Pupils understand the importance of mutual respect, compassion for others, discipline, hard work, high expectations, and aspirations.