Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, resilient leader to work in a non-teaching capacity based in Croeserw primary school. Croeserw is one of four schools in the Upper Afan Valley Federation of Schools. He/she will have day to day responsibility for Croeserw Primary School but will develop their specific portfolio across the federation of primary schools.
The successful candidate will join a team of four lead learners (one in each school) who work with the headteacher to lead the school. They will provide strategic leadership with a clear focus on pupils making progress towards the four purposes of the Curriculum for Wales and meeting the needs of all learners.
The Governing Body are looking for a teacher who has the skills, drive and ambition to ensure that all learners are able to progress towards the purposes of the Curriculum for Wales, engage with the local community and have high expectations of all pupils and staff.
• Support the headteacher to lead effective self-evaluation in the federation
• Contribute to planning for improvement based on the effective self-evaluation
• Direct and support the evolution of teaching to enable pupils to realise the purposes of the Curriculum for Wales
• Support the headteacher to develop a shared understanding of progression
• Develop systems to monitor and evaluate pupil progress
• Support and develop the federation’s provision for ALN
• Promote and develop effective lines of communication with parents and carers to support their child’s learning
• A commitment to providing a caring and safe learning environment in which all learners recognise their own value and potential and the value and potential of others.
• Promote positive attitudes to learning
• Coordinate support for vulnerable families
• Lead effective engagement with our community
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (child).
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing.
Croeserw Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.