This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Forest Way Teaching School Alliance. Our Alliance comprises 52 primary, secondary and special schools based in and around the North West Leicestershire area. In partnership with several local universities the Alliance is committed to working with others to improve teaching and learning, including through research. We take seriously our responsibility to identify and equip teachers and all school staff to be outstanding practitioners at every stage of their career and to provide the best outcomes for pupils.
Forest Way Teaching School Alliance has a shared moral purpose towards improved attainment for all pupils across the Alliance through involvement in Initial Teacher Training, School to School Support, Research and Development Projects and provision of high quality Continuing Professional Development. The Alliance was one of the first cohort of Teaching Schools created in 2012.
*Salary: Starting salary Leadership Scale L1 -4 depending on experience
An exciting role for a creative and innovative leader who is passionate about shaping the future of Forest Way Teaching School Alliance.
This role demands a considerable level of self-reliance, creativity, resilience and collaborative working with key partners.
- To work with key partners, including: Headteacher of FW, FWTSA Strategic Board, FW Trustees, in leading the strategic direction of FW Teaching School and Alliance.
- To lead the operational development of FW Teaching School and be responsible for FWTSA and ITT funding, working closely with the FW Business Manager in ensuring that all operations are financially sound.
- The Lead Practitioner will be line managed by the Headteacher of FW, supported by the Deputy Headteacher of FW and the Leadership Team. The Lead Practitioner will line manage the administrative assistant.
- The Lead Practitioner will be accountable for the KPIs from National College For Teaching and Learning, FW Teaching School Development Plan objectives, performance management objectives and School Development Plan objectives.
Essential personal Attributes:
Throughout the selection process the applicant will be assessed for the essential personal attributes for this role, these are:
- Forward thinking
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Imagination and creativity
- Reliability and integrity
- Ability to collaborate effectively with key partners
- Adaptability to changing circumstance and ideas
For full Job Description and Person Spec, please see document attached below.
Forest Way School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).