Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
Lead Science Technician (full time, term time only for 39 weeks per year)
Working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday between 8.00 am and 4.00 pm, for 39 weeks per year, term time only, a degree of flexibility is required.
You will lead the team of technicians working within the Science department in supporting students’ learning through the efficient, effective and safe management of the Science laboratories and the provision of the best service possible for students and staff. Including:
• Allocating work, monitoring standards and dealing with related problems.
• Managing the Risk Assessments for activities in the preparation room.
• Assisting the Head of Faculty in managing the Faculty Budget for Resources.
We are looking for a candidate who ideally:
• Is qualified to at least A level standard in a science subject.
• Has excellent knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety regulations and Hazard labels.
• Has the ability to lead and motivate others.
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine point 28, £20,210 rising to point 31, £22,087 with annual increments based on service and performance related criteria, (This is the pro rated equivalent of the full-time scale, £23,460 - £25,638)
Start Date: 4th January 2021
Closing date for all completed application forms: Monday 30th November 2020
Interviews planned for: Week commencing 7th December 2020
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.