Subject: Lead Teacher of Food and Nutrition
Location: Leicester, city centre.
Closing Date: 18th October, 12 noon
Interviews: w/c 25th October 2021
Position Start Date: January 2022
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR 2a (£2,873)
Opportunity for exceptional teacher to be a pioneering subject leader, shaping a growing school, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
In August 2019, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors and welcomed our first year 7 cohort. Since then, we have never looked back! By 2024, our eight-form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 scholars. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead will make available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every scholar leaves us with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to lead fulfilling lives.
The opportunity to work in a growing school, is like no other. When you start a school from scratch like we have, it is a golden opportunity to put in place all of the amazing things you have heard and read about from the best schools in the land – but in one place, here in Leicester! As we now cross into our next chapter, having recently just moved into our new state-of-the-art school building, join us and help to build a genuine legacy of your own, alongside colleagues who are aligned in their values.
We are recruiting a team of like-minded experts to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.” This is a rare opportunity, so as we challenge convention, lead without preconception and are unapologetically ambitious on behalf of our scholars.
This is a unique opportunity to lead in a school where:
- there is a premium on subject expertise with subject leaders given autonomy to shape their subjects;
- there is a cherishing of each subject discipline with no generic “one size fits all” approach;
- a knowledge rich curriculum in each subject gives our scholars access to the best which has been thought and said in every field of human endeavour;
- there is a pristinely calm orderly environment with rigorous routines so as teachers can teach and scholars can learn;
- there is an emphasis on staff professional growth, with integrated professional learning, deliberate practice and instruction coaching;
- we distribute leadership, consistently consider staff workload and want to just keep getting better;
- we moved into a new £37m building, on the picturesque riverside, in August 2021!
This is an opportunity for teachers who:
- are subject enthusiasts;
- are seeking to lead on developing and implementing a knowledge rich curriculum in their subject and implementing it one year group at a time in a well-planned and coherent way;
- want to grow as a leader in a growing school.
The successful candidate will grow alongside our other leaders as part of our excellent team and have the opportunity to develop curriculum and practice together year by year. The Principal, other colleagues and the wider TMET family of schools will support the team to develop, providing coaching and access to training through our Teaching School.
Please submit your application by 18th October 2021. For further information, a confidential discussion, to book a visit to Castle Mead Academy or any technical queries please contact Tom Hague, Principal, by email or telephone.
Application Pack, Lead Teacher of Food and Nutrition, Castle Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Lead Teacher of Food and Nutrition, Castle Mead Academy
Teaching and Learning Policy, Castle Mead Academy
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.