Merstham Park School are looking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Lead Teacher of Mathematics.
This is an exciting opportunity for outstanding practitioners, with highly successful track records of raising achievement, to drive further improvement in one of GLF’s growing secondary schools. We are seeking excellent teachers with passion and commitment for their subject.
As a Lead Teacher you will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth. GLF comprises 40 schools and we are able to support you with career pathways for progression.
You will work at Merstham Park School for 4 days of the week with the additional 1 day spent supporting on trust maths improvement priorities. You may be expected to contribute to subject improvement across both the primary and secondary sectors within our Trust.
To review the Job Description and Personal Specification for this role please download the attached Recruitment Pack
About Merstham Park School
At Merstham Park, our ethos is simple - igniting a passion for learning. We are proud to be a values driven school which encourages its staff and students to embrace these values in all that they do. This approach provides everyone with the opportunity to exceed beyond their potential.
As a growing school we are excited for the opening of our brand-new state of the art facilities that will benefit both our staff and the community. Our new build will be tailored to enable our staff and students to develop unique skill sets in a truly first-class educational setting through the creation of inviting and interactive learning environments.
As the school grows the career progression for our staff is endless. We will be looking to enhance the opportunities for staff to grow in their roles and take on additional responsibilities/lead on key initiatives.
Our team of passionate staff are committed to providing children with the very best educational experience. We recognise the importance of academic success whilst embracing our wider role in preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal examined curriculum.
Why Work at Merstham Park
The welfare of our staff is of the utmost importance. The list below details some examples of how we support the wellbeing of all of our colleagues. To see our full offer, please refer to the attached recruitment pack.
• Comprehensive CPD: we invest in your professional learning
• Senior and Middle Leader programmes to develop teachers into future school leaders
• Regular career development opportunities, both pastorally and academically, in a growing forward-thinking school
• An appraisal system focused on professional learning and developing high quality teaching; all within an embedded culture of collaboration and sharing best practice
• No written reports; we want you planning great lessons not doing paperwork
• A comprehensive development programme for trainee teachers and NQTs
• Career development meetings with the Head regularly offered
• A culture of coaching - staff collaborate, support and develop one another
• A school that values everyone and firmly believes that a culture of positive relationships should be the bedrock of an organisation; we want you to love teaching and our students to love learning
What we are looking for
• Do you have an unwavering determination for all students to achieve their full potential?
• Are you an outstanding teacher in your specialist subject?
• Do you have a proven track record of successfully leading your subject specialism resulting in improved outcomes for students?
• Have you designed a coherent curriculum that embeds current educational research, but recognises the context of the school?
• Have you a proven ability to lead by example, modelling and coaching others to improve?
• Are your communication and presentation skills of a high standard?
• Do you have experience of working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds and improving their life chances within a no-excuses culture where all children can succeed?
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued worker scheme
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Closing date: 24th April 2020
Interview Date: W/c 27th April 2020
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.