We are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated Lead Teacher of Religious Studies and PSHCE to join our vibrant team in January 2020. This is an important role in leading these two subjects across the school.
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 11. Our first four years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. Last year we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. The school’s new-build permanent site in Whitton will be ready during the academic year 2020/21, with state of the art facilities. Until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites in Teddington and Hampton.
You will join us at an exciting time with our first academic year of GCSE exams and planning and recruiting for our sixth form that opens in 2020, providing a rare opportunity for an inspirational teacher to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
The successful candidate will:
• be an outstanding teacher with leadership experience or ready for the next stage in their career
• be an excellent practitioner who leads by example with the ability to teach inspirational lessons across the key stages
• be confident in teaching Religious Studies and PSHCE from Key Stage 3 to GCSE and ultimately A-Level
• be an effective and passionate communicator who can inspire and motivate children and adults
• be able to manage and develop staff and lead change
• be highly skilled in analysing data and benchmarks to ensure the progress of every student
• be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
• share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
• opportunities for ongoing professional development
• a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
• smaller classes of 25
• main pay scale or upper pay scale, depending on experience, with TLR2a
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please do use the website to find out more about us.
Please visit our website to find out more about us and download a recruitment pack:
The closing date for all applications is midday on Wednesday 23rd October. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.