Are you passionate about teaching Religious Studies and PSHCE? Are you looking for an inspirational school that provides the rare opportunities that a growing school does? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at Turing House School.
Turing House School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Lead Teacher of Religious Studies and PSHCE to join our dynamic and energetic team in September 2020. This role is suitable for a teacher with leadership experience or ready for the next stage in their career.
The successful candidate will:
• Be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s mission and ethos.
Why work for Turing House School:
• Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
• All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
• Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
• Smaller classes of 25 students.
• Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy teachers make a happy school.
• Staff benefits include a laptop for all teaching staff, free flu jab, subsidised yoga classes, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas. Our sixth form opens in September 2020.
• In 2021 we are moving into our new permanent site in Whitton with state of the art facilities.
• Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as duty free delicious meals from our catering company.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff are enthusiastic and enjoy working in the school. There is strong sense of teamwork across the whole school community.”
“Leaders have established an open culture at the school where there is a clear sense of teamwork and community across staff and pupils alike. Everyone takes pride in the school. It is a welcoming and vibrant place. High expectations across the school have secured high standards of behaviour.”
“Behaviour is exceptional. Motivation is high. There is a lot of enthusiasm and aspiration to do well in class. Most students are following expectations and are caring about their work outside of the classroom. I get to eat lunch and have time away from screens. This has had a huge improvement on my own health and my lessons.”
“Staff are incredibly supportive and positive. Expectations are made clear and help is always at hand. Students are incredibly self-motivated and behaviour is minimal.”
“I think Turing House is a fabulous school full of hard-working, dedicated and inspirational staff and students. Thank you for everything you do for the school, it is very much appreciated”.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please visit our website to find out more about us and to download a recruitment pack.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Monday 15th June. Interviews will be virtual. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by email and telephone.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.
In common with other RET sponsored schools and academies, staff are employed under the nationally agreed pay and conditions for teachers and school support staff including pension schemes.
Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.