NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note during the school closures, as a result of the current Coronavirus (COV-19), all interviews for teaching roles are still going ahead remotely via TEAMS or SKYPE
Working Pattern: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8.45am to 3.30pm; Wednesday 8.45am to 4.30pm – these times include a 30 minute unpaid break
Would you like to be part of a brand-new special school community called Fox Grove School? Fox Grove is an all-age special school (4-19) which will enable you to see the amazing part you play in supporting pupils to become successful independent adults. All members of the school community will be working together to design and embed a curriculum and learning environment that enables Fox Grove pupils to become successful independent learners. Fox Grove is part of The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT), a family of schools who work together to use and share a wide range of expertise and services.
Fox Grove School will:
- Open in 2021/22 for up to 64 pupils and then grow over four years to educate up to 152 pupils from ages 4 to 19 years old;
- Provide for pupils who have autism with complex social and communication needs;
- Benefit from brand new facilities in a purpose-built school.
As a Lead Teaching Assistant you will play a key role in bringing out the best in all your pupils.
Fox Grove School are looking for Lead Teaching Assistants from a range of backgrounds:
- Teaching assistants who have experience of working in specialist centres/special schools/mainstream schools
- Candidates with an interest in a specific EHCP area, taking a lead and imparting knowledge to colleagues
- Candidates who want to support the development of learning support assistants within their class teams and across the school
Fox Grove will support your professional development to become outstanding classroom practitioners, this include:
- Being part of The Howard Partnership Trust that has expertise in all areas of SEND as it is a family of primary, secondary, specialist centres and special schools.
- Provide an opportunity for you to be a lead practitioner in your EHCP area of interest e.g. communication and to share this expertise with others.
- A comprehensive and interesting induction and training package including:
o TEACCH – supporting pupil independence.
o Behaviour for Learning – providing the best universal supports.
o Being a compassionate school
o Semi-formal and / or formal curriculum
o Pedagogy of reading, writing and mathematics.
o Targeted interventions (Attention Autism, Augmented Communication, Zones of Regulation, Social Thinking and Emotion Coaching)
THPT can offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation
- Excellent benefit package to include Cycle to Work, Sainsbury’s Loyalty Discount and access to discount schemes
- Fantastic Local Government Pension Scheme, including generous employer contributions
- Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty and Service Awards
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
Fox Grove School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.