Inspire Learning is keen to recruit a pro-active and well organised Lead Tutor for STEM and Digital Skills Projects, to manage European Social Fund contracts. You will engage with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to plan and ensure the successful delivery of the projects across the 7 districts of Nottinghamshire.
Experience of successfully planning, organising and/or delivering education is essential. You will have the ability to develop constructive professional working relationships and be willing to work across multiple teams.
Experience of delivering IT, Digital Skills and STEM projects would be a significant advantage. The successful candidate will manage the organisation’s STEM and Digital Skills projects, ensuring that recruitment and achievement outcomes are met, in line with contractual requirements.
The role will complement our current Community Learning offer, providing accredited and non-accredited provision to adults. The post-holder will be required to teach a selection of courses based on IT, Digital Skills and STEM projects, and will also work with colleagues to plan and organise a wider range of learning programmes.
You will support a team of tutors to deliver high quality and coherent programmes on our journey towards outstanding.
For further information please contact Adam Shaw on (0)1623 476830.
Interview dates: 26th March 2021
Closing Date for applications: 19th March 2021
To support the co-ordination and development of ESF Funded Projects including STEM and Digital Skills projects. To ensure that ESF project eligibility rules are followed and project targets are maintained. To ensure the effective delivery of IT, STEM and Digital Skills provision to adults through supervising and supporting a team of tutors and through teaching. To act as a champion for Digital Skills across Inspire Learning’s programmes.
1. To project manage ESF funded projects, including the STEM and Digital Skills projects
2. To deliver a selection of accredited and non-accredited IT, Digital Skills and STEM related courses to an Ofsted outstanding quality standard
3. To support a team of peripatetic tutors delivering on the project
4. To collaborate with internal and external colleagues to co-design and implement a range of courses in Nottinghamshire, including online learning
5. To recruit, select, induct and assess learners and to lead on the creation, agreement and implementation of their individual learning plans in IT, STEM and Digital Skills
6. To provide support to learners with additional learning needs across the Service
7. To provide learners with appropriate information, advice and guidance and support in line with the Matrix standard
8. To liaise with external employers to recruit employees to the programme.
The post holder will work in accordance with all Inspire policies and procedures, Inspire Brand guidelines, contractual requirements, and professional best practice.
The post holder will perform any duties or tasks assigned by management required to meet service needs as appropriate to the role.
The post holder may assume the role of Appointed Person and/or First Aider as required.
Education and Knowledge
1. Hold or be willing to work towards a relevant level 4 or above teaching qualification
2. Hold or be willing to work towards an Assessor Qualification
3. A STEM related qualification or experience in a STEM related environment
4. GCSE Grade A to C (4 to 9) or equivalent in English and maths
5. Understanding of ESFA funded provision or ESF projects
6. Understanding of safeguarding and Prevent policies and procedures
7. Understanding of the Education Inspection Framework and other quality standards related to effective learning delivery
8. Awareness of Health and Safety issues and legislation in relation to learning delivery
9. Understanding of Equal Opportunities policies and procedures and methods of widening participation in community learning delivery.
Skills and Experience
1. Experience of delivering learning to adults, including those with learning disabilities and difficulties
2. Experience of managing projects, ideally in an education setting
3. Experience of delivering improvements in the quality of teaching and learning of IT, Digital Skills or STEM
4. Experience of planning, writing, delivering, assessing and evaluating accredited and non-accredited courses in IT, Digital Skills or STEM
5. Experience in creating new learning materials including ‘E’ learning.
1. To act as the Inspire Learning IT, Digital Skills and STEM champion and to ensure that Digital Skills and STEM provision is good or outstanding across the service
2. To lead the quality of the provision ensuring that all IT, Digital Skills and STEM delivery are at least Good and that 20% + is Outstanding.
Inspire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.