West SILC 4 Town Street, Stanningley, Leeds, LS28 6HL
LEADER OF COMPLEX AND MULTIPLE LEARNING NEEDS (PMLD)
Farnley Partnership Base (co-located)
Chapel Lane, Leeds LS12 5EU
Main / Upper Pay Scale + SEN 1 + TLR2b
Required for September 2021
Do you have what it takes to join our Extended Leadership Team?
• Are you passionate about making a difference and promoting outstanding education for children and young people with the most complex special educational needs?
• Does the opportunity to plan, lead and co-ordinate an original, appropriate, person-centred curriculum excite you?
• Do you want to feel valued as a member of our team and have your views and opinions effect positive change and growth?
We are seeking to recruit an experienced inspirational and creative teacher who wants to begin their journey into leadership, to lead our Partnership Base, which is co-located at The Farnley Academy. If you, like us, are passionate about improving the life chances of our young people, then this could be the right place for you. West SILC is a very successful all age generic special school.
You will offer us:
• Outstanding practice in relation to teaching children with PMLD
• Sound knowledge and understanding of developing an informal curriculum, delivering personalised outcomes, with a focus on the fundamentals of communication (Intensive Interaction) and functional mobility (MOVE)
• Sound understanding of complex health needs and their impact on learning.
• The passion and ability to lead the staff team to effectively to meet the needs of PMLD children and young people
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• High expectations of pupil achievement
• Excellent relationships with all pupils, families and staff
• A commitment to professional development
• Confidence, passion and enthusiasm
We will offer you:
• A welcoming school where the children enjoy learning, are positive and cheerful
• An excellent opportunity to make a difference at our school
• An inclusive school which strives to meet the needs of all children
• Support to develop your leadership skills
• A team of dedicated and committed staff and Governors
• An experienced and supportive leadership and staff team
West SILC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for appointment to this post.
Despite Covid, we still think it is important for prospective candidates to visit, please contact the school office to make arrangements:
Closing date: Thursday 13th May at 2.00pm
Interviews will be held week beginning 17th May
‘Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be required to register with the DBS Update Service, the cost of which will be reimbursed by school.
‘We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds’.