MERTHYR TYDFIL COUNTY BOROUGH COUNCIL
DOWLAIS PRIMARY SCHOOL
High Street, Dowlais
Headteacher: Mrs Ruth Williams
The Governors wish to appoint a Leader of Learning & Teaching to join the Leadership Team. The successful candidate will work alongside the Senior Leadership Team to support the Headteacher in the strategic management and development of the school.
The person appointed should possess the following:
• A proven clear understanding of what constitutes outstanding teaching and learning and a commitment to developing this in others
• Highly effective organisational, managerial and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, support and motivate colleagues.
• Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour and an ability to accurately assess children;
• An ability to build on the school's successes and have a strategic role in moving the school forward;
• A commitment to teamwork and working in partnership with parents/carers and the wider community.
• A commitment to raising standards of attainment of all pupils
• Initiative, energy, creativity and a sense of humour
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to work with all stakeholders.
In return we offer:
• A strong commitment to your professional development
• An opportunity to be at the heart of school development and leadership
• A chance to lead as part of a pro-active SLT
• A talented and committed staff who value teamwork and learning from each other;
• An inclusive school where individual achievement is valued;
• Confident, motivated, well behaved pupils who love to come to school
• Forward thinking and supportive governors
• Supportive parents
• Learning and teaching
• Curriculum development
Closing date – Wednesday 9th October 2019
Short list – TBC
Interviews – TBC
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application forms can be completed online.
If you do not have access to the internet, application forms can be obtained by telephoning and are to be returned no later than Wednesday 9th October 2019 to HR, Civic Centre, Castle Street, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 8AN.
Ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council encourages applications from Welsh speakers. Application forms may be submitted in Welsh and any applications completed in Welsh will not be treated any less favourably than those submitted in English.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is committed to protecting and safeguarding the most vulnerable people in our community. Rigorous pre-employment checks are undertaken for all appointments as part of our recruitment and selection process.
All employees are required to comply with their individual and organisational responsibilities under the Data Protection Act, the Information Security Policy and relevant supporting operational policies. Any matters of a confidential nature must not be disclosed or passed to any unauthorised persons or third party under any circumstance either during or after employment except in the proper course of your employment or as required by law, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council or both. Any breach of confidentiality may lead to disciplinary action.
Dowlais Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.