LEAD LEARNING ASSISTANT VACANCIES – WOODFIELD SCHOOL
GLPC Points 5 – 11- £21,591 – £24,030 plus 1289 SSA (Actual salary £18,532 – 20,508)
Would you like an opportunity in a Special School for students and pupils between the ages of 11-19 with a range of Special Educational Needs in a friendly, supportive school, committed to team work and joint curriculum planning?
We are looking for a Lead Learning Assistant who has:
• NVQ 2 or equivalent childcare qualification or a commitment to training towards this qualification
• Experience of working with young children
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• The enthusiasm and ability to motivate young children, and build on their successes.
• A commitment to high expectations to meet the needs of all children.
• Experience of working collaboratively within a team of people to provide a stimulating learning environment.
• The ability to share your expertise, knowledge and understanding of young children’s needs and achievements with parents.
• Willingness to give 200%!
Hours of work will be 8.00am – 3.10pm Monday and Friday and 8.00am - 4.10pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (34 hours per week), including a one hour break throughout the day, but will be subject to change from time to time with notice. This is a term time only post
Closing date: 3pm - 31st March 2020
Shortlisting: 1st April 2020
Interviews w/c 27th April 2020 (following Easter holiday period)
Woodfield School is committed to the welfare and safe guarding of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary DBS checks.