We are looking for Learning Assistants to join our friendly and welcoming school. You could be supporting a child on a 1:1 basis, or a class teacher as a generalist TA, so a can do approach and flexibility are attributes we are looking for.
We welcome both experienced Learning Assistants and those looking to start their career in education. Whatever your level of experience please use the supporting statement on the application form to show us how your skills match against our Job description and Person Specification and what you can bring to the role.
At the GLF Banbury Cluster of Schools (William Morris, Longford Park, Hardwick and Cherry Fields) you will be supported by a leadership team judged Outstanding by OFSTED.
GLF Schools are looking for Learning Assistants to work at William Morris Primary School.
Our Learning Assistants are valued members of our team and are expected to support the education and progress of either an assigned child who needs additional support with their learning, or in a more generalist role within a classroom.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing, diverse and welcoming primary school. Our schools have a passion for and, understanding of, what effective learning is and we help to inspire our pupils to be the best they can be. In return for your hard work we can offer excellent CPD opportunities and the support of a strong collaborative team.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who will:
• Be enthusiastic and committed to work well as part of a team, as well as being self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Be committed to developing and sharing outstanding practice across GLF Schools.
• Have the ability to enthuse and engage students in purposeful learning experiences
• Be dedicated to ensuring that all children achieve their very best.
• Be passionate about the children's learning and welfare.
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
• Develop effective working relationships with parents/carers, staff, external professionals and the wider community.
About William Morris Primary School
William Morris is well established, outstanding, one form entry primary school, based in the Bretch Hill area of Banbury. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding curriculum in a warm and nurturing environment, to allow children to learn and flourish, and develop the skills to lead an aspirational life. We are a welcoming and inclusive school with a strong reputation for supporting children with additional educational needs. We have good links and work closely with our local community; our curriculum is designed to equip children with the necessary skills for life in Oxfordshire.
We have a warm and welcome working environment. Our team is approachable and supportive and we pride ourselves on encouraging and developing you in your career at William Morris, with ample opportunities for progression.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government/Teachers Pension Scheme (DELETE as appropriate)
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
• School: William Morris Primary School
• Start Date: as soon as possible
• FTE Salary range: £18,000 - £21,100
• Pro-rata (actual) Starting Salary: £13,979 - £16,387 depending on experience
• Hours: 8:15am-3:15pm (32.5 hours/week), 39 weeks per year (term time +1)
• Contract: Permanent
• Job Expires: Sunday 10th July 2022
• Interviews: TBC with shortlisted candidates
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place