We have fantastic opportunities for Learning Assistants to join our friendly and welcoming school, and opportunities for School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) placements for the right candidate.
Are you an experienced Learning Assistant? Do you have a passion to support pupils to achieve their potential?
Perhaps you are looking for a change in career, and have the skills and expertise to help some of our most vulnerable learners.
If you are looking for a supportive and engaging working environment where you will be valued and developed, you will find all these things at Longford Park and GLF Schools and you will be supported by a leadership team judged Outstanding by OFSTED in 2018.
Please use the supporting statement on your application to really sell yourself to us and show you you meet the skills in the person specification.
We are particularly interested in hearing from Learning Assistants with experience in SEND, and those with a degree who would like to pursue a career in teaching
Our Learning Assistants really are valued members of our team, supporting the education and progress of children who need additional support with their learning.
Teaching Training Opportunities
GLF Schools' Teacher Training is an alliance of highly successful schools. We have a strong history of providing exceptional Initial Teacher Training since 2013, with a 100% employment rate, 86% of which is within our own partnership schools.
Training and recruiting teachers through our programme allows our partnership of schools to "grow their own" and aims to offer successful candidates a long-term career pathway that goes well beyond Initial Teacher Training.
If you are passionate about education and want to make an impact on the lives of our next generation, apply to be a part of our highly successful teacher training programme.
About Longford Park School
Longford Park (Nursery to Year 3) is an exciting, new build school serving the local community of the Longford Park estate in Banbury, we are growing year on year and will be full in Sept 2023.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have the skills to:
• Complement the work of the teaching staff in the classroom by contributing to a range of teaching and learning activities with a child on a one to one or small group basis.
• Assist with planning, preparation and development of work programmes for an individual and prepare resources to support learning activities.
• Monitor and evaluate the child’s progress and report on this to the class teacher.
• Be familiar with the intervention programmes (IEP, PSP, Risk Assessments) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) of the individual and to use this knowledge to inform support of the child.
• Maintain records of intervention: completion of daily log book, upkeep of a personal folder of pupil need, records of 1:1; and to make these available for inspection upon request by the SENDco or other another senior member of staff.
• Work collaboratively as part of a team to ensure that the well-being, social and personal development of the assigned child enhances learning opportunities and life skills.
• Deliver specified work and nurture interventions to the assigned pupil as determined by the SENDCo.
• Develop and uses specialist skills, in for example, literacy, numeracy or science, to contribute to student learning.
• Maintain confidentiality in and outside the workplace.
• Understand and assist in interpreting school policies.
• Promote high standards of behaviour and a good working ethos.
• Develop effective working relationships within the school.
• Contribute to the well-being of children according to our policy.
• Participate in our cycle of professional development
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
• School: Longford Park
• Start Date: As soon as possible
• Salary: Actual Salary £13,902 (£17,900-£21,000 FTE)
• Hours: 8:15am-3:15pm (32.5 hours/week), 39 weeks per year (term time +1)
• Contract: Full Time / permanent / temporary offers available
• Job Expires: Weds 2nd December 2020 1pm
• Interviews: Date TBC with shortlisted candidates - conducted virtually