Are you an experienced Learning Assistant or ambitious to pursue a career in education? Are you looking for a supportive and engaging working environment, one in which you will be valued and developed? At Aureus Primary School you will find all these things in our fantastic new school.
We are looking for Learning Assistants, particularly with experience in SEND and supporting pupils with EHCP’s, to join our growing team. You will need to have the flexibility to work in class whilst also being likely to support pupils on a one to one basis. We have fixed term, temporary and permanent roles available to match the needs of our pupils.
This role is a term time only position, commencing 1st September 2020.
About Aureus Primary School
Opened in September 2018 Aureus Primary School is a state of the art modern school serving the thriving and diverse new community on Great Western Park in Didcot. We are a values-led school with a strong curriculum with a STEAM focus. Aureus Primary is a growing school with two form entry and a nursery on site. When we are full in 2022 we will have a large school community of 420 school-age pupils.
What we are looking for.
● To be able to support the teacher with their responsibility for the development and exceptional education of children in schools, including children with SEND and EHCP’s.
● To complement the work of the teaching staff in the classroom by contributing to a range of teaching and learning activities with children on a one to one or small group basis.
● To assist with planning, preparation and development of work programmes for individuals and small groups and prepare resources to support learning activities.
● To monitor and evaluate the children's progress and report on this to the class teacher.
● To be familiar with the intervention programmes (IEP, PSP, Risk Assessments) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) of the individual and to use this knowledge to inform support.
● To maintain records of intervention: completion of daily log book, upkeep of a personal folder of pupil need, records of 1:1; and to make these available for inspection upon request by SLT
● To work collaboratively as part of a team to ensure that the well- being, social and personal development of children enhances learning opportunities and life skills.
● To deliver specified work and nurture interventions to children as determined by the SENDCo.
● To develop and uses specialist skills, in for example, literacy, numeracy or science, to contribute to learning.
● To maintain confidentiality in and outside the workplace.
● To promote high standards of behaviour and a good working ethos.
● To develop effective working relationships within the school.
● To contribute to the well being of children according to our policy.
● To participate in our cycle of professional development
Why work at Aureus Primary School?
● A supportive senior management team and wide staff body within GLF schools.
● A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community.
● Excellent CPD opportunities
● Start Date: September 2020
● Salary: Actual Salary £13,126 (£17,322-£20,523 FTE)
● Hours: 32.5 hours/week, 38 weeks per year + 2 Inset days 8.20-3.20 daily
● Contract: Term Time / fixed term / temporary/permanent.
● Closing date: Friday 17th July at midday.
● Interviews: Virtual interviews will be arranged with candidates
● Start Date: September 2020
If you want to discuss the role further please contact Aureus Primary School by phone or email.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.