A compelling and distinctive opportunity to be part of the founding team at Brook Mead Academy: help shape the future of Leicester’s newest secondary school.
Learning Behaviour Mentor- LG Band 4, Point 8-10 (£17,903.14 - £18,999.14 pro rata) (£21,057.06 - £22,346.14 FTE)
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a family of ten primary and secondary schools all based in Leicester. Together, we seek to Make A Positive Difference to the lives of the children attending our schools. Brook Mead Academy will be the newest school in TMET, following on from the successful opening of Castle Mead Academy in September 2019. Brook Mead will build on the outstanding provision enjoyed at our flagship secondary academy, Rushey Mead Academy, which far exceeds national averages for progress and attainment, placing it year after year in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We know that education has the power to transform lives. At Brook Mead, we will be Building Better Futures Together! Staff and pupils will unite in a mission to excel and secure the best possible future for each pupil by laying the foundations for high academic achievement and all-round personal development.
We believe that knowledge is power and access to powerful knowledge is the right of every child. We want to ensure our pupils leave with a treasure trove of knowledge and skills which will be theirs forever to use for the betterment of themselves and the world. We are looking for a Learning Behaviour Mentor who will join the team and work with our Lead Behaviour and Safeguarding Officer to support pupils to meet our high standards.
• This is a unique opportunity to join a founding team to shape a brand-new school. You will join a small and select cadre of staff who will lay the foundations for a truly special and distinctive school.
• You will work with a new team of staff and support them to be consistent in implementing our behaviour and safeguarding policies.
• Professional learning and coaching will be available to all and within the school day so there is every opportunity to grow as a leader.
• Staff wellbeing will be a priority with constant vigilance around workloads.
• As part of The Mead Educational Trust, you will be able to work with esteemed colleagues at Castle Mead, Rushey Mead and Orchard Mead, as well as colleagues in our primary schools.
• Practice will be research informed in every area of work and we will focus on a few key priorities rather than be seduced by gimmicks and quick fixes.
Join us to be build better futures!
Closing Date: Monday 12th April 2021 at 9.00 am
Interviews: April 2021
Position Start Date: August 2021
Salary: LG Band 4, Point 8-10 (£17,903.14 - £18,999.14 pro rata) (£21,057.06 - £22,346.14 FTE)
Application Pack, Brook Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Brook Mead Academy
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.