Learning Facilitators 1: 1 Named student - 36.8 hours per week, Monday to Friday Term only
Start date: Monday 22nd February 2021 or as soon as possible thereafer
The post will be working 1:1 with a funded named student.
We are seeking outstanding and creative Learning Facilitators (Learning Support Assistants) to join the team at Notton House Academy. This role is varied, and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Notton House Academy is a well-established residential SEMH special school located near the National Trust village of Lacock in Wiltshire. We have been judged as good (Ofsted 2015) and recognize the importance of a multi-professional approach to meeting young people’s needs. Our ethos is to ensure students achieve their full potential, both academically, socially and emotionally; so they are fully prepared for the next phase of their lives. Through high challenge and high support we aim to provide the best learning experience so all at Notton House make progress and attain.
We are committed to continued professional development on our journey to Outstanding. We are part of Learn@MAT,which consists of 3 other Academies based in Bristol.
Hours of Work are 28 per week Monday to Friday, term time only. Monday to Thursday 8.30 am - 4.30 pm, Friday 8.30 am - 3.00 pm
The salary is £19,598 - £21,668. This is the actual salary for this post.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact reception if you would like to arrange a visit.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 31st January 2021. Interviews will be held on Thursday 4th February 2021.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- term-time working
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected Academy
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers, Bike Scheme, Cumputer Scheme
- Access to a Wellbeing Service.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Level 3 Qualification or above in a relevant qualification, or the willingness to work towards this
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our Academy website.
Notton House Academy and Learn@MAT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and all staff working in these groups are expected to share a commitment to this. You will be expected to report any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children and/or young people in accordance with agreed procedures. If your own conduct in relation to safeguarding gives cause for concern, the Learn@MAT's agreed Child Protection procedures will be followed, alongside implementation of the Learn@MAT Disciplinary Procedure. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services) check will be required for the successful candidate. We are an equal opportunities employer.